1. Thirst. At a TDP, no one offers you a beverage, so your mouth glues itself together and your throat begins to close.
2. Confusion. You're invited to arrive at 7pm, but when you knock on the door at 7:15 the hostess is wearing a bathrobe, and the host is nowhere to be found.
3. The Shakes. There are no hors d' oeuvre out, and your blood sugar is dropping. Your extremities are getting colder, and your stomach is digesting your pancreas.
4. Shortness of Wine. You bring a bottle of wine as a hostess gift, and it's the only beverage in the room.
5. Extreme Temperatures. The beer is hot and the casserole is cold. (And, they served you casserole! Blech!)
6. Mood Swings. Despite the fact that recreation is supposed to be fun, the people around you are rude and grouchy, or someone up and leaves the room to play video games or check in with Facebook. You feel like you're the rude one for even being there.
What did FruHo forget? What kind of dinner party horror stories do you have to share?
photo by Kevin Dooley
The Frugal Hostess gets lonely. Please comment. You can also join the Frugalistas on Facebook for exclusive content, follow on Twitter @frugalhostess, or subscribe so that you always know when a new post appears.