The Frugal Husband frequently forces The Frugal Hostess to drink really, really cheap white wine. He also forces her to drink really cheap red wine, but the white wine is what gives her heartburn. It tastes good, but the acidity? grapes? wineyness of it? gets old after the first glass. So, here is a way to transform cheapo white wine into a delicious beverage: White Sangria.
One bottle of white wine, any varietal or blend
3 tablespoons of sugar1 cup of orange or cranberry juice (optional)
1 each lemon and lime (or two of either)
Or whatever fruit you have
1. Pour the bottle of wine, sugar, and juice into a pitcher.
2. Cut the lemon and lime into eighths. Squeeze the citrus, and drop them in.
3. Cut the peach and strawberries (or whatever fruit you plan to add) into bite-sized pieces. As you drink the sangria, you'll also want to eat the fruit. Drop those into the pitcher.
4. Fill the rest of the pitcher with half ginger ale and half club soda.
5. Stir well and let sit in the refrigerator for two hours or so. Serve over ice in big goblets.
6. Be moderate! This is one of those beverages that can kick you in the head without you realizing it.
The Frugal Hostess loves peaches. What do you think of that? You can also join the Frugalistas on Facebook for exclusive content, follow on Twitter @frugalhostess, or subscribe so that you always know when a new post appears.