1. The Frugal Hostess was having guests, and the white wine was hot and sweaty. She shoved two bottles into the freezer for a quick cool-down. Two days later, she found a flurry of wine stalactites and broken glass all over the Ben and Jerry's. Frozen. Boo.
2. The Frugal Hostess went to a meeting in The Hinterlands*. A Great Flood poured down. TFH took four hours to travel less than 60 miles, and she was almost murdered by a
*The Hinterlands are a place that begins five miles from The Frugal Homestead and ends at infinity.
3. The Frugal Hostess has tried and tried to adapt to her new at-home lifestyle, mostly by becoming the Laundry Fairy and doing her best to keep all the fabric in the house, you know, smelling not gross. Alas. The two cats, one old and one new (both j'adore able), are having a Literal. Pissing. Match. All over every single clean towel. Every. Freaking. Day.
4. The Frugal Hostess and The Frugal Husband waited out a Very Big Storm at their local watering hole, with the Francalottas and other friends. They were thankful when the power came back on, and thankful for no downed trees. And, the next morning, mighty flipping pissed off to discover four inches of water in their basement and not a single sump pump for love or money in all of Southern Metropolis.
5. The Frugal Hostess looked forward to the Annual Fall Festival of Crazy all year, especially after having missed it last year. The parade, the costumes, the extravaganza - she just couldn't wait. Except that the parade was rained out, and everyone had a hangover, and no one (and by no one she means herself) had enough money. But it was still fun.
And in that last line, Dear Readers, is the key to the treasure. Everything is, at times and sometimes more often, total BS. So, please be certain that you make up your mind to have fun regardless of the ID ten Ts around you.
All her best,
The Frugal Hostess
The Frugal Hostess is clearly friendless - duh, she refers to herself exclusively in the third person. She'd be delighted if you'd leave a comment. You can also join the Frugalistas on Facebook for exclusive content, or subscribe so that you always know when a new post appears. There are plenty of opportunities for subscription to your left.