You have planned the most awesome dinner party in all the land, with a delicious menu and a magnificent assortment of eccentric characters to entertain one another. This party is gonna ROCK!
Wait. Uh. Hmm.
You forgot to plan a centerpiece for your table. Time to FREAK OUT!
Except, there's no need. Shake it off, pumpkin. The Frugal Hostess has a bunch of great ideas for you.
1. Flower delivery. This is the opposite of frugal, and TFH discourages it, but you might want to send yourself an arrangement of flowers that you can use as a centerpiece.
2. Grocery store flowers. They always have them. The arrangements may not be the height of coolness, but at least they exist, and they are cheaper than the florist.
4. Candles. Seriously, you might think TFH is obsessed with candles, as often as she brings them up. Well, folks, she is. Candles rule! They are the absolute cheapest and most impactful way to transform the way a table or whole room looks.
5. Wine corks. Yes, The Frugal Hostess has an almost equal obsession with wine corks, but that's because a.) she drinks A LOT of wine, and b.) therefore corks are a good value. They look nice filling glass vases or bowls, and they can be dressed up by mixing in some lemons and limes. Yay, corks.
6. Other inanimate objects. Look around and see if you any of your weird sculptures or bookends can be repurposed as a centerpiece. Don't be shy - really, you don't have anything else, so you might as well go for it.
The Frugal Hostess has a comment habit and needs her fix. Seriously, hook a sister up and please comment. You can also join the Frugalistas on Facebook for exclusive content, or subscribe so that you always know when a new post appears.photo by melalouise