1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
At this time last year, FruPa was very, very sick, and TFH's resolution was to never eat, drink, or talk again as long as he got well. He got well, and FruHo has been eating, drinking, and talking like a champ (so watch your back, FruPa).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two old friends had babies and made The Frugal Hostess wish she and her sister were pregnant at the same time.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Maya, the Pie-Making Carpenter's dog, passed away. Very sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA only. Which was fun. But France in 2011! (Must prepare to emigrate in case Sara Palin is elected in 2012).
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
A baby. A trip to France. A new blog design.
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
January (whole month), FruPa sick. March 5, FruTV. September 22, the day TFH left for Napa. November 8-12, Social Media Atlanta. December 7, CLIA speech.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Going from poor to less poor in 365 days.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Finishing the book. Maybe this year!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New Blackberry. Sorry, Droid, you aren't for FruHo. And bangs!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
San Francisco Giants!!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food (ergo, ass)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Travel. Having never been a fan of traveling in the past, The Frugal Hostess finds herself planning trips during every spare moment now.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Edwin Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, "Home." Yes, it was released in 2009.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b.) Slightly thinner. Like six pounds, maybe.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
None of your beeswax. Exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Argue with FruHubs. Peace is the word for 2011.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
California and Florida
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with taking pictures of everything in the known world. Not good pictures, just photographic evidence of every move.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones & Modern Family
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The complete innate ability to play oboe with no lessons. A miracle.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
40 pounds weight loss overnight.
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
The Fantastic Mr. Fox.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a party. 26.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A lottery win? Nothing, really.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
The Frugal Hostess finally got some non-thrift clothes and new bras that fit! Miracles do happen!
32. What kept you sane?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oil spill, totally. What a depressing bunch of crap.
34. Who did you miss?
Liza, for the second half of the year.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
All of the new friends in Napa.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year."Home is wherever I'm with you."
[Thanks to Sarawara for the idea and questions for this post.]