This was really good, and a nice change from eating chicken and beans in a bowl.
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
3/4 cup canola or olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
One clove roasted garlic
Teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper
1. Put all of the above in a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
2. The Frugal Hostess never measures this; just do it by eye, and taste it as you go.
3. In other words, make vinaigrette.
Iceberg (or whatever lettuce you have. It's prettier with the color contrast.)
Can of cannelini beans
Tuna, one can per person
Boiled eggs, one per person, quartered
Artichoke hearts, quartered (from the jar is fine)
Kalamata olives, halved, four per person
Anchovies to taste
1. Wash and cut the spinach and lettuce. Chiffonade would be ideal.
2. Mix greens and cannelini beans, then toss with vinaigrette.
3. Toss tuna in a bowl with salt and pepper, a few drops of the vinaigrette, and an optional few dashes of Tabasco.
4. After putting a bed of lettuce on the plate, make a small mound of tuna in the center. Top with diced red onion and capers.
5. Arrange remaining ingredients symmetrically around the plate, and then mess it all up by eating it!
This is certainly no culinary mountain top, but it's good. Enjoy!